Friday, July 01, 2005

Dear Lady Time,

I have been meaning to write you a letter for some time now. I have some things I need to discuss with you. actually I HAVE written you before but I don't think you heard me. Maybe I need to express myself much louder this time. You may or may not know this but you torment me. I love you and hate you simultaneously. Nothing about you makes sense to me. No matter how hard I try to understand you, you elude me. You are a mysterious and evasive bitch. I only want to come to a place where I don't question your motives anymore. I just want to feel free.

I'm sure people often have good things to say about you. They probably say things like: you are a healer. And: you are a gifted woman. Oh really? Hmmm...well, OK, I'll give you that much. Looking back on past experiences I can see where you have done wonders for me. But you just take so damn long! That's a huge part of the problem. That's one of the bones I have to pick with you. What exactly are you waiting for? I'm ready and you're not? What's the deal? It's you who brought me to this place. YOU. I received you openly and now you're biding your TIME? That's just not fair. The other thing that bugs me about you is this: why do you insist on stopping perfectly good matches from occuring? What matches you ask? Well, I'll tell you. Matches like friendship and love. Why is it that there are people that exist in your space, well, our space, that you know that you have an obvious connection with...a connection that may have no words but yet you know that this person belongs in your life in some way and there is no escaping the obviousness of it, yet you insist on placing your evilness of "it's not the right time" onto the situation, thereby, rendering it unattainable. Why, my Lady, why do you do this? What and when is the right time? How long do I, we, need to suffer? And while I'm at it, what is this bullshit about "time will tell??" Tell what exactly? When will I learn this truth? What is this coming epiphany? Why must I wait? Why is now not the time to know? I feel ready to know so what's the deal? This is what I hate about you. You don't know when to stop or to begin. Sometimes you're like a constant sea of change and other times you're like a song that plays over and over again.

You are something else. You really are. You do something to us mortals. and I have decided that you must be related to Murphy. I hate him too. But as much as I hate you, I'm very taken with you. You're allure is magnetic. I can't stop thinking about you. You are always on my fuckin' mind! I feel like I have been stricken with a bit of the ol' OCD. You must, for fucks' sake, free me from this. Please. Rid me of this madness. I can't take much more. Just give me a sign. A wink, a smile, a call. Something.

But to your honor, I must admit, without you I would be nothing. I couldn't exist. I realize that I NEED you. Like fish needs water, like a desert needs a storm. Just be with me Lady. Embrace me and love me.


2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Sunday, 03 July, 2005  
Blogger Laura said...

"O time! Thou must untangle this, not I,
it is too hard a knot for me to untie."
--Viola, Twelfth Night, William Shakespeare

Sunday, 03 July, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home